Last fall, a flyer was posted in a male dorm bathroom at Miami University in Ohio. It had been made by an Freshman student who had already been creating havoc and destruction in the dormitory. The flyer contained disgusting tips on how to successfully rape a girl (and get away with it). It was quickly found by an R.A. and taken down. The R.A. was instructed to tell no one.
In case you can’t read the image, this is what it says:
Top Ten Ways to Get Away with Rape
1) Put drugs in the woman’s drink, that way she won’t remember you.
2) When you see a woman walking by herself, take advantage by the fact that she is alone.
3) Wear protection.
4) If a woman’s window is unlocked, sneak in and rape her to teach her not to do it again.
5) Sex with an unconscious body does count, so don’t back down if she’s sleeping.
6) Honesty is the best policy, if the girl says she doesn’t want to have sex tell her you are going to get her a drink, slip some roofies in it and you’ll have her in bed in no time.
7) Practice makes perfect, the more you rape, the better you get at it.
8) If you are afraid the girl will identify you, slit her throat.
9) Never take pictures with or give your number to the girl you rape.
10) RAPE RAPE RAPE, it’s college boys, live it up!!
Disgusting. He has either a sick sense of humor or is seriously sick.
The school tried tried to keep it quiet while considering punishment for the student. However, news of the event leaked out. The student body roared in disgust, at both the Freshman for posting this, and at the school for trying to keep the event quiet.
I was a student at Miami University when this occurred. I was in shock. Sure, sometimes email alerts went out about girls being attacked, and I even worked in junction with the Rape Crisis unit in town. This is known to be a very safe school in the middle of nowhere. There are no “bad” neighborhoods around campus that girls are afraid to be alone in.
Everyone was still surprised and appalled that someone would have the audacity to, well.. be such an asshole. I didn’t have a single class that week where we didn’t discuss the flyer.
The student pled guilty of disorderly conduct, presumably paid a fine of $100 or less, and is no longer a student at Miami.
I am a proud Alumni of this college. In 2012, Miami University was ranked third by US News in Undergraduate Teaching Methodology. Third, after Dartmouth and Princeton. This is a great academic education. I also met so many wonderful people and made so many wonderful memories at this college.
Not only am I disgusted that people like this exist, but I am also disgusted that this tarnishes my school. We already have to deal with the reputation of having educated Ben Rapelisberger. I mean, Roethlisberger.
The story made the Cincinnati news and many student organizations reacted to the event. The story circulated the internet and ended up here. As a reader at the time, I was tempted to leave a very long comment giving more information. Now you know. There are terrible people no matter where you go, including safe little college towns in the middle of nowhere. This is why I own a pink taser.
You Might Also Like ...